About Outernet London
Outernet London is a brand new entertainment district like no other. Located in central London, next to Tottenham Court Road station and Centre Point, the area runs down across Charing Cross Road and Denmark Street and features a variety of entertainment, retail, exhibition and live music spaces and is home to the world's largest LED screens.
The spaces include
- The Now Building which is four storeys high with floor-to-ceiling digital screens
- Now Trending - a flexible space that can be used for immersive video or sampling to the public
- Now Arcade with wrap around 360-degree video screens to create immersive experiences
- Here at Outernet - an underground 2,000 capacity live music venue - the first new live events venue to launch in central London since the 1940s
- The Lower Third - a 250 capacity music venue on the former site of the 12 bar club
- Denmark Street - world famous street with music related retail at ground level and office space on the floors above
- Chateau Denmark - part hotel, part apartments set across 16 buildings
There are also broadcasting and media facilities, bars, restaurants, a studio and pop up spaces including busking spots. As well as showing advertising Outernet London hosts a full cultural programme that includes creative content about culture and design, featured artists and digital art. Outernet also celebrate the latest cultural events eg London Pride or the King's Coronation. Much of the district is free to visit and foot fall is very high. Visitors come from all over the world and take it from us no two days at Outernet London are the same!
A diverse set of audiences for the website
The website for Outernet London had to serve a very diverse set of audiences and stakeholders. As a brand new entity Outernet London required the website to do multiple things:
- Communicate who Outernet London are and provide information abut their history making vision
- Contain practical information like Outernet's location and the facilities that individual members of the public visitors will be able to enjoy including the free to use areas etc
- Support the recruitment of staff, suppliers, subcontractors and so on
- Cater to the press and media with an area for the latest news
- Provide information for brands, advertisers, their agencies and advisors including how to place advertising orders
- Detail the available commercial letting opportunities
- List the upcoming events and link to advance ticket sales for shows at Here London and The Lower Third
- Feature the giant opportunities Outernet London provides for the creator community - a big canvas to show artwork, lots of footfall, fully immersive and virtual reality possibilities
A fully responsive content managed website
The team at Acknowledgement worked with Outernet to design and build a fast, secure, stable and flexible mobile first website. We've used the Statamic CMS so Outernet staff can easily create and update pages. We're pleased that traffic to the site has grown and grown. The site integrates with various third party systems including our Malcolm! customer self service platform, Mailchimp and DICE.
We were very excited to work on this project and continue to work with Outernet on various other digital initiatives.